Our People: Q4 in Review
A few milestones…
- Senior Architect Milena Butovski celebrates a decade with IA Design (Brisbane)
- State Manager Tegan Dobbie celebrates 8 years with IA Design (Adelaide)
- Interior Designer Melissa Fahey celebrates 5 years with IA Design (Adelaide)
- Senior Interior Designer Lisa Lee celebrates a 1 year anniversary with IA Design (Adelaide)
- Interior Designer Pip Widdup graduates from Design Centre, Enmore (Sydney)
- Interior Designer Briana Langtry graduates from Design Centre, Enmore (Sydney)
Creativity at its best…
The IA Design team featured in VIVID 2017! In collaboration with Haron Robson, the IA Design team showcased a powerful exhibition promoting an awareness of Australian women in architecture: “T-Square and a Dress”.
Special mention to Design Manger, Jenny Oxley, for driving the success of this inspiring installation and all contributing architects for their incredible designs including one of our talented Revit Interiors Technicians, Raquel Chiusoli.
For a fantastic cause…
The Brisbane studio are currently 1st in the state for donations raised to date for the RSPCA Cupcake Day! The IA Design Brisbane team Milena Butovski, Natasha Brocklehurst and Alithea Schwab will be raising money for the RSPCA as part of the annual RSPCA Cupcake day!
“We’ve created this team because we want to raise money and make a difference by participating in RSPCA QLD Cupcake Day 2017.”
The Melbourne studio welcomes a new studio manager, Chris Page. Chris has over 15 years industry experience in property development and asset management. With an extensive track record of project delivery, he has managed both developments and redevelopments across major sectors within Australia and around the world. Welcome Chris! See Chris’s profile here.
Across our studios, IA Design welcomes:
- Juliana Vallejo, Senior Interior Designer, Perth
- Sanida Dart-Kelly, Senior Interior Designer, Perth
- Dorothy Goh, Interior Designer, Perth
- Alexandra Heath, Interior Designer, Perth
- Heather Nash, Finance Manager, Sydney
- Imogen O’Hara, Finance Administrator, Perth
- Kate Roberts, Office Administrator, Perth
- Stuart Mackay, Interior Design student. Stuart is currently studying a Diploma of Interior Design at the Design Centre, Enmore. A great addition to our team!
The Canberra studio welcomes Leonie Gorman. Associate Designer Leonie Gorman relocated to the Canberra studio. While the Perth studio were sad to say goodbye to Leonie, the IA Design Canberra studio were thrilled to have such a valuable addition to their local design team!
The Perth studio welcomed Design Manager Jenny Oxley for a few months, spending a few months with the team before returning to the Sydney studio.
The Sydney studio welcomed Max Price for a work experience week. As a year 10 student with a keen interest in architecture, we were thrilled to have Max join the team to check out the day-to-day life as an interior architect.
“My favourite moments while at IA Design were the measuring of the site and observing how designs were made. I redesigned the IA Design reception and area around it using “Sketch Up!”, I helped take and record measurements on a site, I helped find an electronic bicycle rack which would be used in a project, I observed some of the architects redesign some areas in different projects, and I also observed the interior designers pick out patterns and fabrics.”